My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Home Remedies


Blog Prompt: This month is Wise Health Care Month. Do you have any home remedies or traditions passed down that fights colds/diseases?

• Eat radishes because they have a natural antibiotic in them. I don't like them so I slice them really really thin and put it in my salad or put salt on them.
• Echinacea - If I feel a cold coming on I either drink the tea or take the capsule.
• Aloe Vera - cut off part of the plant and rub on a burn to soothe the burn.
• Accent (meat tenderizer) - put on sting (even jellyfish stings)
• Cucumber - put cool slices on puffy eyes to reduce swelling
• Exercise – gets endorphins going to fight off whatever is trying to bring you down
• Carrots – keeps your eyesight sharp (my mother always said that you never saw Bugs Bunny wearing glasses)
• Vinegar – is supposed to do all sorts of things for you
131 uses of vinegar

No comments: