My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, February 15, 2008

Amusement Parks

Blog Prompt: Feb. 14 was Ferris Wheel Day. Do you like to go to amusement parks? If so, what is your favorite park and favorite ride?

I used to love going to amusement parks when I was younger and we had young children. I didn't seem to mind the lines, the heat, the crowds, or the noise. We live a couple of hours away from Six Flags Over Georgia and about 90 minutes from Carowinds so we used to always go to both of them. We also liked to go to Disney World on the way to my parent's house until it got too expensive. Now that we are old(er) we don't go to any of them anymore because I can't stand the lines, the heat, the crowds, and the noise.

I used to love getting on the Tilt-a-whirl which was a ride that you turned the on the inside by leaning one way or the other to make it spin and spin and spin until you got dizzy. While you were spinning, the ride was also going around in circles.


I hated roller coasters and log flumes because I always felt like I would get killed on them. The only big one I ever rode until I was married was Space Mountain at Disney World because I had to take my glasses off (so I couldn't see anything) and I was strapped in tightly. I would ride the little mine train at Six Flags because it was more of the jerky kind of ride rather than a big up and down. Two years ago we went to Williamburg on the condition that I would ride all the roller coasters at Busch Gardens if my husband didn't complain about an educational thing. So I rode all the roller coasters and I didn't mind because I love the shoulder harness in them. Now I would ride them again as long ast there is a shoulder harness.

Until they put a shoulder harness in a log flume, you won't find me in one!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Girl I had no idea you were so close to Six Flags over Georgia. My hubby and I use to live between Macon and Columbus until we moved to Florida.

I use to ride the TiltAWhirl until I threw up one time and haven't been back on it since. But then again, thats when I was in high school. I have done Space Mountain and my husband said I screamed like a little girl!!

Anonymous said...

I love roller coasters. It's all about the rush! I don't like amusement parks though. I like the roller coasters, not the parks. I just think that's because it's so busy.