My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Honesty


Blog Prompt: Today is Lincoln’s birthday and he was known as “Honest Abe.” How do you feel about honesty? Is there ever a time it is alright not to be honest?

Honesty is one of the most important things to me. I would rather someone say to my face that they don't like me than act friendly to me and stab me in the back. My husband and I trust each other totally because we know that we will always be honest with each other. (Sometimes it makes me mad when he says he doesn't like what I'm wearing.)I told my students that it is more important that they are honest with me than anything else. I would rather them tell me that they just didn't do their homework than tell me the dog ate it. I tend to go berserk when I find out they lied to me.

I have to admit that I'm not perfect and I have told my share of lies but I really hope they were lies in order to not hurt someone's feelings. I never meant to lie and I usually ended up feeling so guilty that I would confess. My family always can tell if I'm lying. I can't look at them and I get all flustered and my hands start shaking.

So don't worry, friends, I won't lie to you...at least not on purpose.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find that I can't cope when people are rude - and then say - "It's OK, I'm just being honest, I think everyone should speak honestly."

Sometimes, if they have nothing positive or constructive to say - people should just say nothing.

I'm enjoying reading your blog prompts. :)

Unknown said...

I wanna grow up and be like you. :) (and that's no lie. well, maybe just a little, since I'm probably older or at least the same age as you, LOL)