My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Self Esteem


Blog Prompt: This month is International Boost Self Esteem Month. What do you do in your life that boosts someone else’s self esteem or your own?

I think my hubby and I try to boost each other's self esteem all the time. He gets up every morning, gives me a kiss, and tells me he loves me. I always try to find a different way to tell him how much I love him. For example, "I love you more than all the grains of sand on the earth." Sometimes I'm harder on myself than others and he is always there to tell me that I'm understimating myself. In the same way, I believe that my hubby has some form of learning disability that was never diagnosed, so he gets frustrated when writing letters or filling out forms and constantly thinks he is stupid. I try to be patient with him and encourage him to be patient and take his time in doing things. I know he boosts my self esteem and I hope I do the same for him.

2 comments:

Meg said...

So interesting to learn that about your husband! I think (and he agrees) that my husband went undiagnosed when he was little, too. Now that we have George, it all seems even more the case. They just called the poor kids "stupid" back then and ruined their self esteem.

My husband has more knowledge in his head than I do, but he gets so frustrated learning new things and gives up immediately. Says he's too dumb. ARGH!! Kills me to hear him say that!

Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now, LOL!

Unknown said...

I'm always telling Pan how bright and smart he is. I always try to make sure I listen to what he is telling me about what goes on in his life outside of our life together and ask meaningful questions.