My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Love Your Pet Day

Blog Prompt: Today is Love Your Pet Day. What is something special you could do for a pet?
If I had a pet, the most important special thing I could do for it is to spend time with it. I had a dog named Caesar whose only desire was to be with us. He was more like our baby than a dog. I also had an umbrella cockatoo who adored me. We called her Cleo and she was potty trained and only used the bathroom in her cage. She used to sit on my pillow and guard me if I took a nap. If anyone came in the room, she would spread her wings out and bark like Caesar. Both animals just craved attention and you can tell that they loved it when they got it. When we started traveling so much, I couldn't give Cleo the attention she needed and donated her to a local zoo (after I checked them out closely). In fact the head person took Cleo into her home so they could bond for a year before she went into the zoo. I was able to go visit her whenever I wanted. Caesar eventually had to be put to sleep. I really miss them both but I know that I just don't have the time to give a pet the attention that it would deserve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is touching. Pets are such huge parts of our lives. When I was little, we had a cat and a dog that we had to give away because we were moving over seas. we made sure that they went to good homes, etc. And now, you know, I have my own pair of trouble makers :)

Hope you get time for a pet soon!