My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, February 22, 2008

Am I a Liar?


Blog Prompt: Today is George Washington’s birthday. He was known for not being able to tell a lie. Have you ever told a lie? If so, what was it? Were you ever caught?

I am not good at lying at all. I get red in the face, short of breath, and feel like I'm dying! So, I remember telling a lie when I was in high school. The school allowed me to leave during lunch time (all seniors could leave) to get supplies for the drama club. We were putting on a major production and we needed paint and supplies for the set. Even though the school let seniors leave, my parents did not give permission for this (which was required). I left anyway and went with my friends downtown to get this stuff and as we were walking down the sidewalk, I saw my father pass by in the car. I immediately looked away and my heart was beating so fast I knew it would jump out of my body. I forgot to mention that I had a ski jacket that was bright purple, pink, orange and white so I guess I stood out. Well, that night at dinner my father mentioned that he had seen someone wearing a coat just like mine. I did not say it was me and all I said was that someone else must have the same taste as me so they must have bought the same kind of coat. I did feel so guilty that I never left school again without my parent's permission.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good one!

Momma Byrd said...

I'm giggling reading this because I think we all have stories similar. You know the ones where we thought we were tricking our parents even though they always knew the truth. Although you could have let a friend borrow your coat - right?