My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Weekend Happenings


We had a nice weekend other than finding out that our oven is broken. Don says it is my fault because I started cooking again and the oven had a rebellion. It has been working fine the past 2 months. Of course I hardly used it much in the previous years but I had no problems with it at all. The gas stove and the broiler works but not the oven. We don't know what to do now because it might be cheaper to buy a new stove/oven than to try to get this one fixed. When we first moved here about fourteen years ago, we bought all new appliances. I had heard that Maytag was so wonderful so we bought all Maytag stuff: the refrigerator, the stove/oven, the washer, and the dryer. We have had to have the refrigerator fixed twice and once we repaired it ourselves. The stove has also been repaired twice and now this. I'm so disappointed because I guess I believed all those silly commercials about the lonely Maytag repairman.

Other than worrying about the oven, I worked on my taxes, played on the computer, watched old movies, read books, and crocheted most of the weekend. I didn't really accomplish much.

Today we went out hiking because I needed to get out of the house. Yesterday was such a beautiful warm day that my neighbor asked me to go walking with her in the neighborhood. After this, I couldn't wait to go hiking on the trails so we packed up our stuff and went on an adventure today. Of course the weather report said cold and cloudy in the morning and then rain showers all afternoon. I don't think I was meant to hike much though because my boot lace broke before we started and then I realized I had forgotten my water. We were on the trail around 9am and around lunch time the weather looked threatening so we came home. After we put everything away and I sat in front of the TV to watch more old movies I got from the library, the sun came out and it was beautiful all afternoon. I guess I wasn't meant to have a big day of hiking.

Now I think I will curl up with a cup of hot chocolate and a good book, and just chill out!

3 comments:

Momma Byrd said...

I'm in complete envy of your Sunday. It was cold, foggy, and just yucky here. We were out all day when all I really wanted to do was snuggle up with my birthday babies. I'm also jealous because my oven doesn't seem to mind when I start cooking again.

Appliances amaze me now like well everything else. My grandparents finally retired their rust frig 2 years ago. It was close to if not 20 years old. Not that appliances are exciting, but it sounds like a snazzy new kitchen may be in your future.

Glynis said...

Sounds like a great weekend (well, except for the oven...what a bummer)!

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about the oven. We had to replace ours (remember) last october or so. We bought a Maytag then. Funny thing, it was the oven we had problems with too. Maybe it is something that just goes wrong with all gas ovens.