My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Different Name

Blog Prompt: Today is Get a Different Name Day. If you could have a different name, what would you want?

I always wished I had a more interesting name instead of Patricia. I was called Patricia whenever I was in trouble and grew up with being called Patty by my family. My middle name was Ruth which was my grandmother's name and I never really liked it because it made me think of old ladies (like my grandmother). I tried being different by spelling my name differently: Patty, Patti, Pattie, or Trish (no one ever called me that). Then before I was married I was called Loony (Loon was my maiden name) and finally I decided that Pat sounded more adult-like so I go by Pat now.

If I could change my name I think I would like a name like Brigitte or Sabrina because I think they sound interesting and adventurous.

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Great post - I am REALLY enjoying these so much.
Some I do, some I do in a comment, some I laugh out loud with enjoyment, some I smile about. I may use them in a blog post as I might have already posted, but I really am getting a lot of them.
This one I particularly loved. :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry - I just saw that came through as my blogger log in. My mistake, don't want to think this is some stranger you have never heard from before. :)

Tammy said...

I'm so glad you told where the Loony part came from. I didn't want to call you Loon and find out it meant somehing else!!!!!

alvastarr said...

I had great fun coming up with pen names using an online name generator. I, too, experimented with many variations on my name when I was younger. Alva Starr is a favorite character in an old film that very few people have ever seen: "This Property is Condemned"

Where are you getting the prompts? Are you making them up?

ArtcTrish said...

From one Patricia to another! LOL...yeah I got tired of writing it all out and I hated being called Patty...So i think in the 9th grade I dropped the Pa much to my parents dismay. Good to know the history Pat!

loonyhiker said...

alvastarr: I am a member of Digital Scrapbook Place (DSP) and two others and I agree to alternate each month in order to come up with the prompts each day. It is a lot of fun and I've made a lot of great friends. You can go here to see where the new thread is each day: http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=258.
You can also see my scrapbook gallery at: http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=40723

Anonymous said...

I love the name Patricia. I think it's beautiful. I would never change my name. It took me 15 years to finally get used to it--every kid goes through that stage where they want to change their name--and I never want to lose it.