My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

Blog Prompt: What is some new activity/hobby that you want to try this year?

Happy New Year everyone! I am really excited about this year. I feel like this is going to be such a grea year. I am feeling so optimistic and full of good vibes that I can't help feeling great today!

I couldn't pick out just one thing so here are some new activities I want to try.

1.I want to try to learn knitting and roller blading this year. I have tried roller blading one time and think I should give it another try (I shouldn't have given up after one time no matter how bad it might have seemed).
2. Now that I've learned to crochet, I would like to try my hand at knitting at some point. I've always felt intimidated by my mother and sister's success at creativity that I've finally come to terms with it and willing to try some of the things they were good at.
3. I am also hoping to hike down into the Grand Canyon this year.

Who knows what other great things are in store for me but I'm excited about finding out! It is so great to be alive!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year Loony. Been to the Grand Canyon but never hiked down it. You will have to let us know how it is when you get there :)

I'll leave the rollerblading to you though, LOL.

Glynis said...

Well maybe you and I can get Sandra to teach us to knit..that's on my list too!

mom2triplets04 said...

Knitting is a lot of fun. I learned how right before the triplets were born. I even started a project (blanket) but once I found out that I was having 3 I gave it up. It now sits at the top of my closet. I also know how to crochet but it's been years since I have done it. Good luck with the knitting.

Unknown said...

Wow, hiking down the Grand Canyon sounds fun!

Monica said...

I would love to learn to knit one day too...it's not on my short list for this year, though. I hope you make it to the Grand Canyon...what an adventure that would be!!