My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, January 28, 2008

My Favorite Toy

Blog Prompt: Today is the 50th Anniversary of the Lego! In honor of that, answer this question: What were your favorite toys or games when you were a child?

I have to admit that Legos were my favorite toys next to books when I was a child. I always wanted to be a teacher so I liked to read and make up class rosters and take attendance, teach lessons etc. I used Legos constantly as things for my classroom. I would sometimes make little desks for my Barbies to sit in for class. Sometimes I would make cash registers to teach math. Of course my father was really into James Bond movies so many times I would make up spy tools to use with my cover as a teacher in the classroom! Those Legos would become anything I could dream up!

On the side: Hubby and I went hiking today because it was so beautiful. We started talking about the possible serial killer who killed that girl hiking in Georgia. He is a suspect in the killing of a couple who was hiking where you normally hike. Both of us think that we recognized him and possibly came across the killer when we were hiking. It made me realize that we don't really know how many times God has kept us safe and it made me so thankful that God loves me and takes care of me even when I don't know it!

3 comments:

Stephani said...

That is to fun! My sister and I used to play school and the front of our toy box was a chalk board so we would have fun writing assignments on the board...LOL! LOL! We always fought over who got to be the teacher though. I always won because I was the oldest. Poor sister! LOL! LOL!

That is so scary about that whole serial killer thing. That is scary that you think you know him. I am so glad that you and your hubby are safe. I am glad you have people that you hike with. Gosh that is just to scary to think about.

ArtcTrish said...

Legos were to one toy I couldn't wait til my kids were old enough to play with! Legos do make great desks...lol

Unknown said...

I never had legos growing that I recall. Lots of art supplies, modeling clay and even a kit that made wax people. That was pretty cool. How wonderful it must have been to make all those great things.

And how scary that you may have actually come in contact with such a monster. I am glad that your guardian angels were not slacking their job.