My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Things I Used to Enjoy Doing

Blog Prompt: Is there something that you used to do and enjoy that you would like to start doing again? Tell us about it.

1. I used to play my accordion at the nursing home but due to all sorts of obligations and committments, I have not had the time to do that. I am hoping this year that I can spend at least one day a month (I was going once a week) playing my accordion for the residents while they eat their lunch. They seemed to enjoy it and it made me feel good about myself.
2. I would like to cook more at home. I liked doing it when I had the time and the energy but when I was working and raising children, I didn't have either. Now that I'm retired with just the 2 of us at home, I hope I can get back to cooking. I was never very good at it but I enjoyed it when I did it.
3. I would like to ride my bike more often. When I was growing up I used to ride my bike in the neighborhood a lot. A year ago I bought a bike at a yard sale and rode it about 10 times and haven't gotten on it since. I always had an excuse that it is too hot or too cold but hopefully in another month or two, it will be just right.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum cooking & what better way to get rid of those calories than biking. It sounds all good to me.

I used to love trying out new recipes when it was DH & I but now I really don't feel like doing that.

Beachcomber said...

I would like to get back to riding my bike, too. Great list of things you used to do and enjoy.

Glynis said...

Fantastic goals. Now you have to record yourself playing the accordion so we can all hear you!!

Unknown said...

Oh, Oh, I'm with Glynis. Record it and let us hear. :)