My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, January 11, 2008

Favorite Moments of 2007

Blog Prompt: Describe some of your favorite moments from this past year.

1. The day my department threw me a surprise retirement party at my favorite restaurant. That meant more to me than the "official" retirement luncheon that the whole school attended. I have worked with many of them for a lot of years and it was hard to make the decision to retire. I really felt loved and I will miss them a lot!
2. As we sat out on the porch of the best hotel room in Louisville, Kentucky, the fireworks went off right in front of us to begin Thunder Over Louisville. We were right on the river with nothing in front of us so we had an awesome view. This was the beginning celebration of the Kentucky Derby and I've never been to anything like it.
3. The day of my husband's retirement party when everyone came to wish him well. As a judge, he has not always made everyone happy, yet there was still a huge crowd of people who showed up. Many people I didn't know came up to me to tell me how fair and honest he was which made me so proud of him. I know he has made a positive difference in many people's lives.
4. My dad was recovering from his stroke and finally back at home. The four of us sat around the table and played a card game called Scat. I was so relieved that my dad was well enough to play cards that involved some heavy thinking and fine motor skills. I knew then that he was going to get better.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great list of memories. Now you have to scrap them... :D

Having worked in the legal profession for many years (I was a legal assistant to an attorney), I can honestly say there are few judges I would not want to be seen with. Most of those I met were honest, open and fair. And being who you are, I was pretty sure your husband fell into that category too. And I am glad that your dad is well on the mend and doing better.

Stephani said...

So many wonderful moments. I am so glad to hear that your Dad is doing well and that he is home. Thanks so much for all the wonderful comments on my blog. You have no idea how much it means to me. I hope that 2008 is a wonderful year full of many terrific adventures for you and your family. I don't know what could possibly top retirement but hey you just never know. LOL! Have a GRREAT day.