My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, December 31, 2007

Looking Back on 2007

Blog Prompt: Hard to believe we are at the end of another year already. Did your year go as you planned? How about a highlight of your resolutions and/or special events?

I can't believe how fast this year has gone by. This time last year I was still trying to process in my mind that I would retire at the end of the school year. It wasn't official until I told my principal in February. Then the rest of the school year was filled up with packing, saying good byes, cementing relationships, in addition to my regular teaching duties. This summer I taught my first college class and that was pretty thrilling because it was like a dream come true (the kind of dream you think would never happen in your lifetime!). I was so afraid that once school started I would really miss being back at work and that didn't happen. I LOVE not going to work and being committed to anything I don't want to do. I miss my friends and the students but not the paperwork and the aggravations. I think I will really enjoy being retired for a long time before I get bored. Then my dad had a stroke at the beginning of November and I was able to spend some time getting him situated after the stroke which I am so thankful for. If I had been working I would not have been able to do that. This year we also went on 4 cruises in the Caribbean which was wonderful! Again, I couldn't have done that if I had been working. In fact, I am busier now than when I worked full time. How do retired people do it?! I am very happy with this past year and hope my next year will be even better!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really have had a full year and I know this next one is going to be just as full :)

Sandra said...

Yup, your year was a full one. Being retired is hard work...

You've been blessed. I'm glad to hear your father's well-situated after last month's stroke.

I hope to see some of your crochet and maybe you'll make the jump over to knitting in '08.

Best wishes for a happy new year.

Glynis said...

Wow, you really have been busy! It's been so much fun getting to know you even more this year and I can't wait to see what this year holds for all of us!