My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Born in the Wrong Time?

Blog Prompt: Have you ever thought (or been told) that you were born in the wrong time? When in history do you think you would best 'fit in'?

I think I'm more conservative than many people in my area that are my age. It may be because I grew up sisters who were 10 and 12 years older than me. I loved the 50s and wish I had grown up during that time instead of the late 60s and 70s. I was not big into the hippie days with the free sex and drugs running rampant all around me. My parents did not have a lot of money so by the time I could afford fashions and fads of the day, I was already 3 years behind. I love the fashions and the music of the fifties because everything seemed more romantic during those days.

I love the southern belle outfits of the Civil War days but I'm too attached to modern conveniences to want to have actually lived during those day. I love the gallantry of men during the Civil War days too (can you imagine any of them wearing "sagging pants"?

4 comments:

Stephani said...

I am with ya.. I have to say that I am glad that I was not born during the sixties or seventies. I just have never gotten the ... bohemian way of life. Now the civil war era I would have loved in fact that is where I feel I belong. Right there with Rhett and Miss Scarlet. I do agree modern conveniences are nice however... especially indoor plumbing. LOL! LOL! LOL!

Beachcomber said...

I love the music of the fifties. It was a much simpler time. The cars were really cool, too.

Glynis said...

Definitely love the ideas and values of the fifties and I love reading books and watching movies during the Civil War. Great post, Pat!

Unknown said...

I can actually picture you in the 50's. You would look darling in a poodle skirt.