My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

DSP prompts 01/21 -01/23

Monday's prompt: Finish the sentence 'Today I would like ...'.

• Today I would like to…
• Catch up on my DSP prompts.
• Wash my bed sheets (I am ashamed to admit that I don’t do this often enough.).
• Make some scrapbook pages before the challenge deadlines.
• Look at photos I took this past week from my trip up north.
• Walk our 4 miles in the park instead of on my treadmill if it isn’t raining.
• Work on my prayer shawl.
• Call a friend who just recently resigned from teaching due to health problems.

Tuesday's prompt: Have you ever gotten 'attached' to a piece of clothing? One you didn't want to get rid of, even when you knew you should?

I had a denim shirt that I wore like a sweater so much that it was showing extreme signs of wear. The cuffs and the pocket were frayed and looked messy. It had that washed out denim look from so many washings over the years and was so soft and comfortable. I finally broke down and bought a new denim shirt but it wasn’t as comfortable as that one. I guess it was some subconscious thing but I have lost the new one so I’m back to wearing my old one until I find another new one that I can live with.

Wednesday's prompt: Where would you rather be?
I have to admit that there is nowhere I would rather be right now than home. We have been away again for another week and I am so glad to be home. I had been complaining before we left about how cold it was in SC and I should have kept my mouth shut. When we got to Washington DC, I was soooooo cold! I was feeling sad because I was missing the first snow at home for the first time when it began to snow while we were walking around DC. This was really magical because the flakes were so big and fluffy! The wind chill factor was bone chilling and made me really want to be home and not where I was. So, to repeat the line from the Wizard of Oz: There’s no place like home!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

You are exactly right. There is no place like home. And I had a pair of jeans like your shirt. They fit and wors so well. But when holes started showing up where holes shouldn't be, then it was time to retire them.

Anonymous said...

There is no place like home, there is no place like home..... Have you seen Tinman yet? I want to get it on dvd since I was interupted numerous times while watching it. Glad you got to see some snow in DC though. It's back in the 60's here again and while I know that is not hot, it sure feels that way.

Glynis wants to see a picture of my Greeneville shirt, LOL. Guess I will be taking one as my picture of the day, what do you think? The Nuke lives in Hartville, is that near you?

I'm the same way with pj's. I will wear them completely out till I have to buy another pair. Then have to break those in. Never ending story, LOL.

Glynis said...

I'm glad you got to see some snow. You're always welcome to out here :)...I got stuck in my driveway twice yesterday! Great round-up of all the prompts :)

Rusheika said...

you had a great list of to do's... did you get it all done? I too think there is no place like home... maybe other than the spa for some peace and quite on occasion:)