My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

TV

Blog Prompt: TV: Scourge of the devil, necessary evil, or love it, want to marry it?

I'm definitely not a TV addict. I like it once in awhile if I'm interested in a particular show or movie but if I miss something, I'm not devastated. I like to watch Grey's Anatomy, CSI, NCIS and Criminal Minds but if I miss an episode, I have TIVO so I can watch it if I want to. Now you ask why do I have TIVO if I'm not an addict? My hubby has to get all the latest technology even if he doesn't know how to use it or ever uses it. So, when we got our new big screen HDTV in our bedroom, he got HD-Tivo (I'm really not sure what it is called) with our satellite dish. We hardly ever look at Tivo but I did watch the last episode of Grey's Anatomy at 1am when I couldn't sleep. My hubby has to turn on the TV for background noise even if he isn't watching it. He would watch it 24 hours a day if I let him but he watches things like the Travel channel, History channel, Discover channel etc. and then drives me crazy saying, "Look at this..." when I'm busy playing on my laptop. As you can tell, we have "quality" time together!

7 comments:

heather said...

LOL Pat... your hubby sounds like my son, he would watch it 24/7 if he could :)

Lori said...

Am with you Pat! If I miss it's not the end of the world.

mom2triplets04 said...

My DH is a computer nut and he too has to have everything that is new and fun to play with and yes we do have TIVO and direct TV satelite. I absolutely love TIVO though. It's great that it will tape an entire season of a show so I won't miss an episode and the ability to fast forward the commercials so I can watch an hour show in only 45 minutes or less is fantastic. Have you tried searching for topics that you enjoy? Like when I was pregnant I would have TIVO tape all triplet shows and I was able to be informed with so much information. Just last night I searched for halloween and it's going to tape a whole bunch of shows for the kids to watch. And of course I love that it tapes my soap opera and I can watch it at any time of the day which is usually after the kids go to sleep. I too love my laptop. I have only gotten this thing since August but I now can digital scrapbook while sitting in front of the tv. I'm always a do two things at once type of person.

Glynis said...

The more I read your blog, the more I think we are two peas in a pod, you and I!! That's kind of how I feel and my dh is the same!

carin.c said...

I'm like you as well - don't have to watch and frequently would rather be doing something else like reading a good book or scrapping on the computer. I do like my Tivo for this reason - get to watch what I like at my own pace.

Anonymous said...

My husband amd I have the same sort of quality time. Only he is the one on the laptop and I am the one saying "Hey look at this" )

Unknown said...

Same here. We have a schedule of shows we like to watch, but aren't all bent out of shape if we miss one. Like if it comes between eating out or watching tv, eating out wins hands down.