My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

5 minute writing

Blog Prompt: Let go and write whatever!!! But only for five minutes. After that put your pen, errrr, your fingers down and don't go back to fix anything!

I am here at work and the kids are working quietly so I decided to work on my blog. Even though I'm at work, my brain is preparing for my trip to Washington DC this weekend. I hope the weather is nice but I don't think it will be. We leave on Thurs. night and I come back home on Sunday. I will be in meetings all weekend but it is fun to get away. I'm on the national Board of Directors for Council for Exceptional Children so this is our board meeting. There are 20 of us from all around the US who meet in DC twice a year and then at the national convention (in Louisville, KY this coming April). My husband is going with me because we don't sleep apart. He will be wandering around the Smithsonian museums while I'm hard at work. Then I will hear all about his adventures in the evenings and wish I could be with him. Well, my 5 minutes is up in about 15 seconds so I will end there and dream some more about this weekend!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pat, I hope you have a good weekend and at least get to do some fun things with hubby in the evenings! Remember: All work and no play makes Pat a dull gal!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

If you have time on Sunday we'll be at the MD Ren Faire about 20 minutes outside of DC!

Glynis said...

Sounds like fun...I love DC (but only to visit--we lived there for a few years and that was enough for me!)...and I can't wait until my kids are old enough to appreciate the Smithsonian.

Unknown said...

It is a shame you won't be able to wander with your dh, but you will be doing something important and worthwhile. I hope we can make it to DC and the Smithsonian one of these days.

Michelle Butticci said...

Love DC...lived there for a couple years. Enjoy as much of it as you can...outside of meetings!!! Have fun!

Elizabeth said...

i totally love DC--make sure you go to eat at old ebbitt grill! it is my favorite in DC!

carin.c said...

How great that your husband ccan come on your business trips. Hope you enjoy your trip.