My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, October 26, 2006

The Best Day of the Week

Blog Prompt: What is your favorite day of the week?

My favorite day of the week is Wednesday for many reasons. By Wednesday I know that I've made it halfway through the work week and only have 2 more days to go. Also, that is the day that most of my older students go out to work as interns so I have very few kids in class. I am able to work one on one with them and give them the attention they need. Since there are less kids, I am also able to get more paperwork done and start preparing for the next week. Overall, my students act better on Wednesdays than any other day. On Mondays they are excited about being back to school after a weekend (sometimes I am the most stable factor in their lives). Many of them also don't sleep right or eat right on weekends so it takes them a couple of days to get back into a routine. On Thursdays and Fridays, the kids are excited and hyper about the weekend and tend to get in more trouble. Wednesday is definitely the best day of the week!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You know, you shouldn't have a mouse, a pen and a trackball all by the computer at the same time. It does funny things to your cursor.

As for the best day of the week, I am glad that you have a day that is quiet and productive.

carin.c said...

Your students are lucky to have you. It's wonderful that you are so dedicated.