My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, October 06, 2006

Favorite Quote

Blog Prompt: Share with us a favorite quote, or one that fits your life right now.

"If God is for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31)

In many situations I lack a lot of self confidence so I quote this to myself a lot as my pep talk. I have to deal with a lot of conflict as a teacher and head of the department so I spend a lot of time worrying if I'm making the right decisions and sometimes people get mad at me. I am also on a Board of Directors for an organization and sometimes I don't agree with the majority and feel a need to speak up about an issue. This scares me to death but I force myself to do it! At that time, I really quote this over and over! Inside I'm shyer and less self confident than I let other people see so I really need this a lot in my life.

(I am currently in Arlington, VA and it is pouring down rain!!!! Hopefully we are going to try to get to see something at the Ford Theater this afternoon and go to the new National Portrait Gallery. Have a nice weekend y'all!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that scripture. I hope the weather there clears up for you and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Meg said...

Hey, you must have driven right past me on your way!! Isn't this rain something? My yard is flooding!

I love your quote and it's such a good one to remember! Great choice!

Glynis said...

I love this verse...I recite to myself at difficult times as well. Hope the weather gets better--have a safe and fun trip!!

carin.c said...

A good quote to remember - thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Its a great choice for a quote and I am so glad my quote could help you. Isn't wonderful how music can speak so deeply to us sometimes!?
Awww man! I would love to go to the National Portrait Gallery!!!! Can I go???

Unknown said...

It is an absolutely wonderful quote, especially to have on hand when things just don't seem to work out right.