My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

My Favorite Art

Blog Prompt: What type of art do you like best? Do you have a favorite artist?

I think the most famous artist that I like is Monet. I like the colors and the softness in his works.

Now having said that, I also like art with a lot of detail and fine lines. Maybe it is because I have such an analytical mind that I like things well defined. When I was at the National Portrait Gallery in Washington DC a month ago, I liked the photos best and I liked the art work with lots of details. Even the sculptures with details appealed to me. I am not fond of modern art because I usually don't understand it and it leaves me confused. I have noticed over the years that my preferences haven't changed. I thought maybe as I get older, I would change the way I looked at art but so far this phase has lasted a long time.

2 comments:

Meg said...

I just spent the weekend in DC, and I found the same thing! We spent a LOOOOONG time in the Classic European Art galleries, and basically speed walked through the modern sculpture gardens! I love Monet, too, his work is so relaxing.

Glynis said...

I totally agree with you--I like art that I don't have to work too hard at understanding!