My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, October 09, 2006

New Recipe

Blog Prompt: It's been a while since we've talked about food. Let's share recipes today or talk about seasonal foods you look forward to at this time of year.

This is the perfect prompt for me today. My sister shared with me a recipe that her kids have loved for years and I decided to try it. My hubby and I both enjoyed it so I will definitely try it again.

I prepared my meat loaf (ground beef, minced garlic, oregano, basil, egg, salt, pepper) and put it in a covered microwaveable dish. The meat loaf was molded in donut shape. I cooked it in the microwave for 10 min. at medium level. Then I covered it with cream of mushroom soup and cooked it for another 10 min. at medium level.

I served it with mashed potatoes (and we used the meat loaf soup as gravy) and 3 bean salad (drain a can of green beans, drain a can of Le Seur peas, drain a can of mushrooms, add sugar or equal and vinegar. Mix well). It was a wonderful dinner!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang...I love three bean soup but my dh doesn't. That all sounds yum to me, though!

Unknown said...

Sounds yummy. Will have to add this to my list of ones to try.

Glynis said...

Yum! Thanks for recipe--my family would LOVE this!