My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Scrapbooking Tips

Blog Prompt: Since we're all scrapbookers & photographers, let's share some of the tips we've learned. OR, if you're new to all of this, ask a question so we can leave ideas in your comments.

I've only been doing this since the end of January of this year but I've learned all I know from DSP. Since I've never been very creative, learning the art of design has been the hardest for me but I'm still working on it. The rule of thirds has been the biggest tip that I've learned and really helps make my layouts look better. The other tip that I learned was the control+g in PSE4. That groups the top layer with the bottom which makes the quick clicks work much better. I also like looking at the contests where we have to vote on things because the leader usually picks the top 10 or so and lists why she thinks it should be there. That helps me learn what I need to work on. The last thing I will mention is how I've finally narrowed the challenges down to 3 that I enter. At first I tried to enter a bunch in one week and was overwhelmed to the point of shutting down. Now I focus on the 3 challenges and look at others who use the same kit to get ideas. I love how I was worried about copying styles or ideas but everyone has encouraged me and helped me stretch my wings. I'm still learning and loving every minute of it!

3 comments:

carin.c said...

I'm with you - narrowing down challenges let's you actually focus and learn and get layouts done. Thanks for the Ctl+g tip!

Anonymous said...

I agree, focusing on a few challenges is better, I tend to want to try a few from each site and then I get overwhelmed and end up not doing any! At least you are loving doing what you are doing and that makes the learning process much more fun!

Glynis said...

I wish I had time to do all the challenges that I want to ! Isn't this all so much fun? I learn something new every day!