My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, October 19, 2006

My Closest Female Friend

Blog Prompt: How did you meet your closest female friend?

This is hard for me because I don't really have a "closest" female friend that I spend a lot of free time with. My husband is my closest friend and every free moment is spent with him. So, to answer this prompt, I thought about my closest female friend at work.

Lisa started teaching at my school in the middle of the year when a friend of mine left for health reasons. As head of the department, I was expected to greet her and get her settled in her class. We've been friends for about 3 years and I consider myself lucky. She is an excellent teacher and supportive colleague. Whenever I need to whine, complain, let off steam, vent my frustrations, she always makes time for me even though she is extremely busy. She spends a lot of time preparing for her students in addition to being a single mother to 2 small daughters. No matter what favor I need, she is always willing to do whatever I ask her. But she never takes advantage of our friendship and is extremely professional. With her previous experiences, I value her opinion when I have to deal with certain situations. She never comes across as a know-it-all and makes me feel like my knowledge is important to her too. She is probably the only person at work that I truly feel I can count on and trust. I hope she gets to read this so she will know how much her friendship means to me!

5 comments:

Glynis said...

Enjoying the people that we work with sure makes work easier...especially when you realize how much time you spend with them each day!! Great post!

Karen said...

Everyone should have a Lisa on their team. She sounds like a great assest in you life.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful commentary. She sounds like a real gem.

Anonymous said...

Why do ya have to make me cry! What an honor, Ms. "Teacher of the Year!” To be considered an esteemed colleague of yours is one of the greatest compliments received during my profession! You are an incredible inspiration and valuable mentor. I am blessed to serve within your Special Education Department at our school. Thank you, so very much, for all you do- (And you know I mean for our kids as well as for me!)

Anonymous said...

What a treasure to have a wonderful colleague you can talk to and trust, it's great you can support each other :) heather