My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

California 4/29/08

We spent the day at Disneyland and it was a lot of fun. The weather was perfect and not too hot. We rode all the major rides and really enjoyed ourselves because the lines were not long at all. The longest line we stood in (for about an hour) was in the Nemo submarine line and I wouldn’t stand in that long line again. The ride was cute but not outstanding and if I rode it again, I would wait until the lines were shorter. Of course we rode Space Mountain twice. The Matterhorn Bobsled was good too and they didn’t have that at Disney World in FL the last time I was there. Next to Space Mountain, I liked the Indiana Jones ride the best (even though it practically beat you up when you rode it!). It’s a Small World was closed and Thunder Mountain was also closed when we got there.

The ride I liked least was Splash Mountain. First of all, I don’t like log flumes at all but my hubby just had to ride this! We ended up in the very front and I refused to ride in the front seat so I sat behind him. He is afraid of heights so he kept his head down most of the time. Of course, wouldn’t you know it, the ride breaks while we are on it! We ended up going a few yards and it would stop and we would wait. Waiting drives me crazy and makes me nervous. Then they would move us and stop again. They did this about 4 or 5 times. Plus, every time we took a dip, I would get drenched. Then we finally hit the 50 foot drop and I got soaked! As we left, we noticed they had closed the ride down for repairs. It was about 5pm and there was some sun so our clothes finally dried after a couple of hours.

We also went to the Innovations show to see the Honda robot ASIMO. This robot could walk on its own, kick a soccer ball, and walk up stairs. Apparently it can even run but when it showed us how it could run, the robot fell over and pieces flew everywhere. The host’s face looked priceless and he thanked us for coming and the curtain fell. They quickly got us out of the theater and someone asked the usher if this happened often. She replied, “Never!” Uh oh! I hope they can get it fixed!

For breakfast, we had a sausage burrito at McDonalds and for lunch we shared a spicy chicken sandwich and fries. So other than a box of popcorn, by 7pm I was pretty hungry. We left in the middle of the parade to beat the crowd and ate dinner at Denny’s. I’m so glad we beat the crowd because it was packed when we left.

No comments: