My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Arizona 4/21/08

I got up early for a walk with Kathy and Fred (the corgi) and the morning scenery was awesome. It was fascinating to see all the cacti starting to bloom. Then we went to WalMart in Apache Junction to price tires (we have put 3000 miles on our car since we left home 2 weeks ago). We even stopped at the Superstition Ranch Market which has fresh vegetables at outrageous cheap prices. Then we drove into Phoenix to purchase tickets for the Tuesday’s Diamondbacks game but when we arrived we noticed that they give tours of the stadium. Don immediately went back and plugged the meter for 2 hours (the maximum) so we could go on the 1 hour tour. The tour actually lasted 2 hours and it was fantastic. We even got to sit in the dugout before batting practice. After the tour we headed back to Mesa for more exploring.

Since Kathy told me that the hamburgers were great at Tortilla Flats, we went to find it. I thought it was the name of a restaurant and it ended up being a little town with one restaurant on the original Apache Trail. We ended up taking a 5 hour scenic drive along the Apache Trail which turned into an unpaved road to the Roosevelt Dam. This road was, at times, a one lane road with steep drop offs and was pretty challenging.

No comments: