My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Arizona 4/24-4/25

Three of us went to the Biosphere 2 in Oracle, AZ and had a great time. It was really neat even though the tour cost $20 (discounts for AAA members though). The tour lasted about 90 minutes and we got to go into the sealed environment where eight people lived for 2 years. It is a shame that in 2-3 years it will be torn down to make room for a hotel and a housing development. There were different biomes that we saw: a rain forest, ocean, savannah, and desert. There once was a half acre farm also with chickens, pigs, and fish. When we came home, we went out and bought 4 new tires for our car because the tread was getting almost nonexistent. Later that evening, when Kathy came home from work, we met her for dinner. First we tried a place called Dvine but there was no outside seating so instead we went to the Red, White, and Brew.

The next day we went to Roosevelt Dam, towns called Globe, Miami, and Superior and then some antique stores. We also stopped at Tonto National Monument and walked up to the cliff dwellings there. We were able to actually walk through the rooms! It was a really nice day. When we got back I checked the weather for Yosemite and found out that they are expecting some cold weather so we had to reevaluate our plans. Instead of going to Yosemite, we will head towards Joshua Tree, Anaheim and Los Angelos (maybe see Disneyland) and then head up the coast of California on the scenic highway. I’m so glad we can be flexible with our plans.

No comments: