My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Arizona 4/26/08

We left Tom and Kathy’s house around 7am and headed west. Once we crossed over the California line, we started looking for lunch and/or gas. We stopped at Desert Center which was supposed to have both but the gas station was boarded up. We ate lunch at the café in Desert Center which seemed to be the only thing in the whole town. Amazingly, the food and prices were pretty good.

We arrived at Joshua Tree and drove in and through it to Twentynine Palms which is a town north of the park. We found a Motel 6 and booked 2 nights here. Since there is a Marine base close by, there are lots of Marines around. We had also made a reservation for a guided tour at Key Ranch at 10am for tomorrow for only $5 per person. We did have time to go into the park and do a couple of short hikes and then had dinner at the Carousel restaurant. The food was great and plentiful. When the server found out we were staying to hike in the park, she sat down and showed us some photos she took last week in the park.

No comments: