My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

DSP prompts 4/21-4/23

Monday’s prompt: April is National Poetry Month. Write a poem, link to a favorite poem or tell us why you can't stand poetry.

I’m not very good at writing poems on a whim,
Some might say it is because my brain is so dim
Say what you must
At least it isn’t dust
I think my brain is filled to the brim!

Tuesday's prompt: Take your pick: Write about Earth Day or National Jelly Bean Day (or both).

My favorite flavor jelly bean is licorice but my husband hates the smell and taste of licorice. In fact, if there is a bowl of jelly beans, I will pick out all the black ones and eat them. This of course makes my tongue black and I look like a freakish vampire. Eventually it goes away but not before I get weird looks whenever I talk.
Wednesday's prompt: Today is 'Take A Chance' day. When was the last time you took a chance on something? Or is there something you want to take a chance on today?

On this vacation, we take a chance all the time. We have no set plans and decide each morning what we want to do. We don’t know how well our plans will turn out or what will happen. Sometimes our plans can change on a moment’s notice if we pass by something we want to see or do first. This kind of life used to stress me out (because I’m such a control freak and need a set plan) but I’m getting better at it.

1 comment:

Glynis said...

I'm glad you're having a good time. That kind of go-with-the-flow living works great for me on vacation, but I like a lot more schedule when I'm home. Funny, huh?