My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Advertising

Blog prompt: How do you feel about advertising? Favorite ads? Ads you can't stand?

I saw an ad yesterday that should have been shown during the Super Bowl. It was the AFLAC commercial with the duck driving a race car. It was really cute. (no animals were harmed during the filming of this! lol)

The one that really bugs me is a radio commercial for Little Cricket (a convenience store like 7-11) where they people call each other dummy. I guess it is the teacher in me that comes out but I hate when someone calls someone else a dummy and it really irritates me to listen to this ad. In fact, I usually change the station when it comes on.

photo credit: Aflac! by antifuse

3 comments:

Tammy said...

My fav Aflac commercial is the one with Yogi Berra. Cracks me up everytime!! I guess I haven't seen the cricket one yet.

Glynis said...

Aflac comercials make me laugh too. And we don't have Little Cricket stores, but I would imagine those ads would irritate me too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat. I find that for every one ad that is fun or cute or in some way worth watching, there seems to be 20 that are designed to irritate or just drive you insane.

Fortunately I watch very little TV these days so my exposure to commercials is limited. A blessing I think.