My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Arizona 4/23/08

We got up early in order to visit the “future city” of Arcosanti and I was amazed at the possibilities that were mentioned. I wonder if it will ever reach its potential. This project is the brainchild of Paolo Soleri who once studied under Frank Lloyd Wright and he hoped to mix architecture with ecology by showing a place where 5000 people could live on 25 acres of land by following ecological practices. We went to the 10:00 tour because on that tour you can see them pour the bronze which I found fascinating. It was truly an artist’s community because I saw the ceramics shop where they make the bells by pouring the clay into silt molds. After it dries, they put it in the kiln to be baked. After seeing that, we went to the place where they pour melted bronze into the sand molds. It was amazing to see this molten stuff being poured and I can’t imagine how hot that must be to work with. Of course I had to buy 2 bells to bring home because they fascinated me.

On the way home we stopped in Old Town Scottsdale for lunch and ate at a Mexican restaurant which had wonderful food. I don't think I've had any bad food since we've been on this trip!


When we came back to the house, we relaxed and just enjoyed the surroundings. When Kathy came home from work, we all went to dinner at the Red, White, and Brew which was wonderful! By the time we returned, I was pooped!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I had to move 1/4 of the way around the world to find you again, and through a friend in Germany at that! How are you?!

Come visit my blog! Life in France is pretty good most days. The girls are getting so big, and speaking French a little.