My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

To Be Young Again

Blog Prompt: Today is Ponce de Leon day. He discovered Florida and searched for the fountain of youth. Do you wish to be younger again?

Absolutely not! I love being my age and I worked hard to get where I am and I love my life as it is. Growing up was hard for me and not my happiest times. Even that is hard to say because I was loved by my parents and sisters and extremely spoiled but I didn't feel happy as a teenager. Of course, being a high school teacher, I realize that teenagers weren't meant to be happy and put on this earth to be in eternal angst so that they could appreciate happiness when they became an adult. I think I'm that person. I love all the experiences that have brought me to this point in my life where I have better judgement in choosing friends and making better decisions.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I so agree with you. ;)

Glynis said...

I agree too. Better to be content with who you are and where you are in life, than constantly unhappy about it...especially since you can't stop Father Time :)