My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Arizona 4/22/08

We got up early and went for a hike in the Superstition Mountains. We started on the Treasure Loop and continued on the Prospector’s View trail and finally ended up back at the loop trail for a 3 hour hike. The scenery was awesome as we made our way along the base of the mountains but it sure was hot. By the time we were done, it was already 92 degrees and we were drinking lots of fluids.

After the hike had lunch at Waldo’s BBQ and then we made our way to Hi Jolly where we heard they had souvenirs at reasonable prices. Then we stopped at the Superstition Ranch vegetable market. They had cucumbers 5/$1 and bell peppers 5/$1 and asparagus for $.69 a bunch! I wish I lived here just for the cheap fresh vegetables.

In the evening, the four of us went to an Arizona Diamondbacks game (they won 5-4 against the San Francisco Giants). Then we ate dinner at a place called Fate. We all had these steamed spring rolls and I had some kind of mixed vegetables with chicken over rice. The food was wonderful. By the time we got back around midnight, I was beat!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Hi, Pat! Hope you're still having a great trip. My husband's family is all in Mesa, and I always enjoy each trip we make there.

69 cent asparagus?! Wow. I'm drooling. I enjoy the Mexican food there...especially fish tacos.

Take care, and have fun!