My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Spring

Blog prompt: What is the first thing you think of when you hear the word 'spring'?

I think of flowers. I love to see flowers that are beginning to bloom or are blooming. The bright colors just make me happy! We are heading out west for a 2 month trip today and I'm leaving my yard which is just beginning to bloom. My red and yellow tulips are blooming and look bright and cheerful in my front flower bed. Along the side of my yard, the red tips are covered in blooming wisteria. Along the driveway, my azaleas are beginning to bloom in rich hues of pink. The previous owners mixed azaleas that bloom at different times so my driveway looks beautiful for a long time as the azaleas seem to be in constant bloom.

I remember going to Big Bend National Park in Texas during April one year and the cactus were all in bloom. I'm hoping as we head west that we will get to see these blooms again. It is always amazing to me that these cactus with sharp needles can have such beautiful blooms. I guess it is kind of like life: times can be sharp and painful but usually there is a beautiful bloom that arrives if we are patient.

Here are some pictures of our car packed for our trip. Everything we need for the next 2 months are with us.



5 comments:

Tammy said...

OH my goodness Pat!! I hope you have a great time on your trip and that you have packed enough. I love the flowers too and all the colors. The flowers at my house now are just beautiful.

Glynis said...

Oh my! Have a great trip and I'm so jealous that your flowers are blooming already! I haven't seen anything around here yet.

Beachcomber said...

I like the smell of wisteria. Have a great trip. Where are you heading to when you get out west?

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Where do you sit? I hope you have so much fun! Be safe!

Unknown said...

Drive carefully. I hope that you are going to have a wonderful time. :) Shame you are not headed for Orlando where Pan and I will be next month. LOL