My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Boston 04/03/08

I spent most of the day in a CEC board meeting but the fun happened late in the afternoon. Our keynote speaker was Henry Winkler (The Fonz) who talked about his dyslexia and even read a chapter from one of the books he wrote. He was so personable and accommodating while he took a gazillion pictures. He didn't arrive with an entourage and acted like an every day person. After the keynote address, there was a president's reception and he even showed up there (which was unusual because usually the keynote speaker never shows up to this) and mingled with everyone. Again there was no huge entourage and he took a gazillion more pictures. I can't say enough good things about him and wrote about his address in my Successful Teaching blog. Please drop by and read about his wonderful comments.

Meanwhile, my hubby spent the day sightseeing. He went to the Harvard Museum of Natural History and Beacon Hill. There was an explosion at 1 Beacon Hill and he even got photos of the commotion before any news cameras got there. According to the news, there was an electrical fire that caused an explosion and 2 people were injured. They showed one man with half his suit burned right off of him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Will definitely be heading over to read what he had to say. I have always liked Henry Winkler.