My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, April 11, 2008

On the Road 4/9-11/2008

Yes, we are still on the road and will be for around 2 months. We left on Wednesday morning and spent the night in Russellville, Arkansas. After hearing that we were under tornado warnings, I was a little apprehensive and wondered if I would wake up in the morning "not in Kansas anymore, Toto." The loud booming thunder kept setting off car alarms in the parking lot which meant I had to keep getting up to check that it wasn't our car. So I didn't get a lot of sleep that first night. Then last night we stayed in Amarillo, Texas. The crosswinds were really awful and made it hard to drive. My hubby's hands are sore from gripping the steering wheel so tightly. The scenery has been awesome though as we travel along I-40 and Route 66.

Blog prompt: Let's end the week with some fun. Post a joke, a funny story, a video...whatever makes you laugh.

This morning we passed the Cadillac Ranch. I made hubby turn around (he hates u-turns) so I could take photos of this for a scrapbook page in the future. There were 10 classic cadillacs buried nose deep in a field. It actually looked pretty neat and it made me laugh. I can't wait to show y'all!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

OH I can't wait to see all your travel pics and scapbook pages. Have a great time Pat!! Watch out for those pesky tornados,

Unknown said...

I'm with Tammy... can't wait to see the photos. Bet they are awesome.