My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunset Crater/Wupatki/Grand Canyon 04/13/08

We got up early in Flagstaff and had a wonderful breakfast at McDonalds. Then we headed to Sunset Crater National Monument. I was afraid we wouldn’t be able to do anything since it was only 7:30am but we had no problem getting in and going on a hike. We hiked the lava flow trail which was something I had never seen before. All that rock looked liked the stuff in my barbecue grill at home. We also got to try out my tiny tripod that I bought and even though it is small, it served its purpose. Then we headed down the loop road towards Wupatki National Monument and hiked to some ruins. After the ruins we headed towards the Grand Canyon and arrived there about 1pm. We got to our campsite, set up our tent, and were starving. I’m amazed at how many eating places there are and they were at reasonable prices. After lunch we drove around and stopped along the rim to see the awesome views. I can’t wait to do some more tomorrow. It is so breathtaking that it is hard to describe. Even taking pictures doesn’t do it justice but it will have to do.

No comments: