My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, April 07, 2008

No Housework Day

Blog prompt: Someone has named today 'No Housework Day'. What your least favorite housework chore? How about the most favorite (or least dreaded)?

I hate, no despise, no abhor cleaning bathrooms! I had to do that when I was a little girl and I still hate doing it. We had a maid come clean the house every other week until we retired and then I couldn't justify paying someone to do what I had the time to do so now I have to do it. I have made a schedule of chores that I need to do and picked a certain day to do each one so I'm not trying to do it all in one day. This helps keep me from being totally miserable.

My least dreaded thing to do is to wash dishes. I don't have a dishwasher (I hate them!) and since there is just the two of us, we don't usually have enough dishes to fill a dishwasher. I like to listen to my Ipod while I'm doing dishes so I don't notice the time go by. For some reason, having dishes go from dirty to clean is instant gratification for me and it makes me feel like I accomplished something.

photo credit: Washed Dishes by (SG)*489

3 comments:

Unknown said...

If I had enough room in my kitchen to stack the dishes to dry I would forego the dishwasher, but I don't. :)

Stephanie said...

i hate cleaning bathrooms too and i would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have a maid. hmmmm, i should drop a hint to the hubby. hahaha.

Glynis said...

I don't hate doing dishes really either...there is something about seeing the kitchen sparkle when I'm finished that I enjoy. But if I could get someone else to do it, that would be even better!