My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

California 4/28/08

We left Twentynine Palms around 8am and arrived in Anaheim about 11am. Traffic was lighter than expected and we had no trouble finding Disneyland. We found a hotel right across the entrance from the parks so we were happy and there is a McDonalds right across from the entrance too. We went to the park to price tickets and get our bearings. When we could get into our room, I got on the internet and found out there was an Angels game tonight and we were only 2 miles from the stadium so we went there to buy tickets.

As we entered the parking area of the stadium, there was a scalper selling tickets (only I didn’t realize he was a scalper because he just looked like a nice old man who wore a parking attendant’s uniform.) He told us he had 2 tickets for $25 each and we agreed to buy them. Since I only had half the money, I asked Don for the rest. When Don took out his wallet, his judge’s badge showed and the man quickly said that he only wanted $25 total because it was the face value of the tickets and he didn’t want any more. He was only selling them because his wife couldn’t come and he hoped to retire to Texas. He mentioned he didn’t want to move to SC because of all the tornadoes there (what tornados?). I think we made him nervous but we paid the money and left with the 2 tickets. When we got to the stadium there were big signs that the reselling of any tickets were strictly prohibited. The seats were in section 409 and they were pretty good seats. When I looked on the schedule, the seats were normally $20-25 so the poor man lost money on us.

We had fun at the game. I had to try the garlic-parmesan fries but the garlic fries at the Arizona Diamondbacks game was much better. We sat next to this father and daughter who were very nice. In fact, the dad bought me the same candy he bought his daughter. I thought that was very nice. Unfortunately the Angels lost 2-14. Since they were losing, many people left before we did and when we left, there wasn’t too much traffic and we had no trouble getting back to our hotel.

1 comment:

Stephani said...

How fun! I am enjoying reading all about your adventures so very very much! I wish I was there with ya. What a fantastic vacation. I cannot wait to read your post every single day and find out where you are and what your doing. That is too funny about that man selling tickets. How funny! LOL! Have lots of fun!!