My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, April 17, 2008

DSP prompts 4/14 - 4/17

(Sorry to be missing in action this week. We are in the Grand Canyon and getting connected is rather challenging!)

Monday's blog prompt: Monday for most us means back to work. What are some of the jobs you've had in your life?

1. Here is the list of jobs that I’ve held:
2. Camp counselor
3. Chinese restaurant cashier
4. Dining hall worker
5. Babysitter
6. Cultural Life Program worker
7. Concession stand worker
8. Term paper typist
9. Knitting factory worker
10. Motel desk clerk
11. Clothing store clerk
12. Newspaper complaint dept. worker
13. Maid
14. Teacher
15. Adjunct Instructor
16. Teacher Evaluator
17. Educational consultant

photo credit: my job sucks by candrews

Tuesday's blog prompt: In 1955, the first McDonalds opened it doors. How do you feel about fast food?

I really like fast food. I like McDonalds, Burger King, Arby’s, Kentucky Fried Chicken, and Chick-Fil-A. My hubby and I really like the value menus at McDonalds and Burger King where you can get a variety of things for $1. I like them because I don’t have to cook, clean or tip a waitress.

photo credit: fast food bar by believe collective

Wednesday's blog prompt: Share some of the "rules" (serious or funny) that you live by.

1. Do unto others as you want them to do to you.
2. What goes around, comes around.
3. Don’t lie.
4. Care about others.

Thursday's blog prompt: Daffy Duck made his debut on this date in 1937. Who is your favorite cartoon character?

I really don’t have a favorite cartoon character. I remember liking Underdog, Speed Racer, Dudley Do Right, and Quick Draw McGraw when I was growing up. When my children were young, I remember watching the Smurfs with them. Now on a long trip, I usually say (loudly in a whining voice), “Are we there yet Papa Smurf?”

2 comments:

Glynis said...

Great post and I'm so glad you finally got connected. Thanks for posting the photos. It looks gorgeous there and you guys make such a cute couple!

Sandra said...

Knitting factory worker???

I'm intrigued, obviously.

LOL.