My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, April 11, 2008

3 States in 1 Day

Today, we started out in Amarillo, TX drove straight across New Mexico and ended up in Holbrook, AZ. The scenery was awesome along the road because it looked like we could see for miles. We also started out in the Central Time Zone, crossed over the Mountain Time Zone, and ended up in Arizona, were the time doesn’t change, so they were same as the Pacific Time Zone. That in itself was confusing to me and I felt like I asked for the time everywhere we went.

Early in the morning, as we left Amarillo, we stopped at the “Cadillac Ranch.” This millionaire planted 10 classic Cadillacs in the middle of this huge field. We didn’t stop in Albuquerque other than to get gas. When we arrived in Arizona, we headed to the Petrified Forest National Park. We did a whirlwind drive through the park and decided we wanted to spend the night somewhere and return tomorrow to do some hiking. The park is also in the Painted Desert which extends to the Grand Canyon so the scenery was breathtaking. I probably took over 100 photos! Hubby decided we would stay in a “vintage” motel (which I considered “run down”) but he was happy because it only cost $29! Of course I didn’t complain when the bathroom was clean, water was hot, and there was even strong water pressure in the shower. I can’t wait to do some hiking tomorrow!

Here are some photos from today:

3 comments:

Carolyn Foote said...

I'm envious! That's one of my favorite drives out west.

Another really beautiful place in Arizona if you are headed that way is Canyon de Chelly. It's not that well known, but really beautiful--you take a jeep ride into the canyons and it's breathtaking.

Another incredible thing to see is just north of Phoenix--the Arcosanti foundation. It is a "future" city being built out on a mesa, and you can tour it. Gorgeous views and it's very fascinating!

Enjoy your travels!

Glynis said...

Beautiful photos! I can't wait to see the layouts you'll do with those. Have a safe, wonderful trip!

Meg said...

GORGEOUS!! LOL at the vintage motel! Dh and I spent one night in one of those on our trip west. Never again!

How far west are you going? Wanna swing up this way for a visit? Have fun and thank you for posting as you go, I feel like I'm traveling with you!