My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, September 11, 2006

Where was I when...

I had just started my new job at a new school and had barely learned everyone's names. Another teacher across the hall knocked on my classroom door and told me to quickly turn on the TV because somebody took out the World Trade Center. I couldn't believe it! Instantly, I was concerned about my niece and brother in law who worked in Manhattan. I told the class to be quiet as we watched the horror on TV. I immediately called my sister who said she hadn't heard from her husband or her daughter so I told her that I would call back every 30 minutes since she couldn't get through to anyone. I don't know how in the world I was able to get in touch with her. Then I called my husband who fussed at me for calling NY because they were asking people not to tie up the phone lines but I told him that I didn't care. I kept calling and getting an update and hanging up quickly. We finally heard around 1pm that my niece was okay and was getting rides home to Long Island. We didn't find out until that evening that my brother in law was fine and was trying to get home.

6 comments:

heather said...

How scary for you and your sister. Glad everything turned out OK for your family :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad your story had a good ending to it. Thanks for sharing.
trish

Unknown said...

How anxious you must have been. So glad to hear that your family came out okay.

Anonymous said...

The waiting is scary - I can't even imagine waiting to hear if my husband was OK... your sister must have been beside herself. I'm glad everyone in your family was alright.

mom2triplets04 said...

How scary. Glad that your family was safe and okay.

Unknown said...

That's one of those everybody remembers where they were.

Glad you you and your family were among the lucky ones

harvey