My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Sunday, September 10, 2006

A Sentence in a Book

Blog Prompt: Take a book, close your eyes and open it at a page (with your eyes still closed) point to any sentence in the book. Open your eyes and then write down the sentence/paragraph you pointed to. Write your thoughts on this sentence/paragraph.

"One could argue that I got exactly what I wanted, and just what I deserved. " from There and Back Again: An Actor's Tale by Sean Astin (who played Sam Gamgee in the Lord of the Rings). I am really enjoying this book and can hardly put it down! I decided to pick the last sentence on what ever page I picked and this was it.

My husband has this saying that drives me crazy sometimes which is so close to this sentence. He says, "Mean what you say and say what you mean." My daughter was bad about getting mad and saying things she ended up regretting. If she was bad, we told her to straighten up or we wouldn't go to the (zoo or wherever) and she would get mad and say she didn't want to go anyway. So, we wouldn't go no matter what. That really made her mad later because she really didn't mean it but we had to teach her a lesson early in life. She had to learn that she had to watch her little smart mouth!

2 comments:

heather said...

Tough lesson but a good one to learn for sure!! Have a great day Pat!

Glynis said...

Great job, Mom! It's so hard sometimes to give kids what they deserve (which is what most of them need, too)...being a parent is so hard!!