My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Things to do and see in South Carolina

If you came to visit South Carolina some things you wouldn't want to miss are:

1. Congaree Swamp National Park - beautiful wetlands and swamp area
2. Riverbanks Zoo and Gardens - our state botanical garden is here and its beautiful.
3. Darlington Speedway - NASCAR race track in our state (everyone needs to experience a NASCAR race, at least once)
4. Mountain Bridge Wilderness State Park - beautiful scenery
5. World of Energy (at the Oconee Nuclear Station) - Visitor center with interactive exhibits dealing with energy and its free!

6 comments:

heather said...

Sounds great Pat! You must have plenty of natural areas in your State.

Unknown said...

sounds like there is some beautiful scenery over there in South Carolina! if i ever go there ill be sure to brush up on my landscape photography skills first!

Unknown said...

I will be adding this list to the places I would like to visit, especiallly of Nuke ends up there.

Glynis said...

I've not been to South Carolina, but I think it sounds beautiful!

Karen said...

I'm just jealous of your reason for nominating this topic for the post! I hope you realise that you will have to now visit every one of the locations that people are posting about.

carin.c said...

Sounds beautiful - love southern gardens!