My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Busting at the Seams!

Blog Prompt: Do you prefer to collect and save things or live sparsely, getting rid of things regularly?

I am the Queen of pack rats! I love to collect and save things because you never know when you might need something. I have teaching material collected over the past 26 years and dread retiring this year because I plan to leave a lot of it behind. Luckily my hubby is a worse collector than I am so he doesn't complain about me. The 2 of us live in a house that has about 4500 square feet and we constantly complain that there isn't enough storage. We have an outside shed for yard stuff and a full attic (our contractor friend complains that we have too much weight up there and the ceiling will collapse around us!). We also rent a storage building to store "treasures" in because we go to flea markets and yard sales and buy lots of stuff that someday we might need. I have clothes from high school (30 years ago) and hubby has bills and papers from his first marriage (29 years ago). I figure we won't clean anything out but when we die, it will be someone else's problem!

5 comments:

heather said...

Oh no Pat! I am the opposite to you on this one, but I can relate to the teaching resources issue! Lucky you have a big house!!

Glynis said...

I'm not coming over to help clean it out!! LOL

Unknown said...

Me neither, LOL. But I know how you are. I feel sorry for my kids.

Unknown said...

too funny pat. Jira's mum is exactly the same....im sure shes just hoarding everything so when she dies (heaven forbid its not any time soon!) we'll get the removal bill! lol

Anonymous said...

Oh my this just scares me...