My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Redecorating

Blog Prompt: If you could have a designer come into a room of your house and redecorate it for you, which room would it be and what would you ask them for?

I would ask them to come in and redecorate my husband's office. It is the first room you enter from the side of the house (no one uses the front door into the foyer!). When we bought the house 10 years ago, the elderly lady had just put in new pink carpet and a new custom made drapes (paisley print with green and pink in it). She used this room as her living room and closed off the rest of the house other than the bedroom and kitchen. I just don't like pink in my husband's office (I know this is a sexist remark but I just can't help it). We have 2 wooden bookshelves with glass doors that are jammed packed. Other books are boxed and waiting in the attic for a place to live. I would love to see wall to wall wooden book shelves (maybe cherry stained) that reach from almost ceiling to floor. Above the bookshelves, I would love to see an electric train going around the perimeter of the room because my hubby collects electric trains. And I would love to see the carpet taken out and a neutral beige kind of color put in to go with all the wood. And I would love to have my appreciate all this hard work and notice that changes were made!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds gorgeous. I have never been a "pink" person myself and don't really like it. Although I know if you use a very light, almost white pink on walls it is suppose make a more calming room. Weird, huh?

Maybe you can do like Pan & I are doing with our bedroom. One thing at a time.