My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Eating Out

Blog Prompt: Where do you like to go to eat out? What do you order? Any stories of a special night out?

My hubby and I go out to eat way too much! There is just 2 of us now and we like such different things that going out to eat means we both get what we want. We eat at this place called Coach House so much that as soon as we enter, they are getting our iced teas ready to bring to the table. For breakfast, they ask if we want our usual. At dinner, they recite what we are ordering with us. (I get the Pecan Sesame Chicken with coleslaw and beets. Hubby gets the Chicken Souvlaki with no rice, but extra salad.). We are such creatures of habit. Lately we have been really saving money by going to McDonalds and eating for under $6. I get a hamburger happy meal for $2.39 and hubby gets a chicken sandwich ($1), side salad ($1), and a small drink ($1). Boy, I'm such a cheap date!

4 comments:

heather said...

LOL Pat!!!! I always get a hamburger happy meal when I take the kids to Maccas and it cost about $4.95 here!! Your restaurant knowing what you are ordering was funny... it reminded me of how the dh and I usually get the same favourite meal when we order stuff!! Oh, and I love iced tea.. but I don't know anyone else who does? I guess it must be fairly popular where you live?? Oh also, a barramundi is a fish (tropical I think) which they catch up North Queensland (we live in Queensland) and it tastes great!

mom2triplets04 said...

wow your prices at McDonalds are really low! I normally get 3 happy meals one for each kid. A regular value meal for me and with a coupon for a free value meal mine comes out to like $18 that's if I have that free coupon. I don't think they have anything for a $1 here.

Unknown said...

They do that for us at Yamato's too. Or at least they use too because we went so often. Not so much now with the grands around all the time.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I love the $1 menu at McDonalds but I really like the $1 menu at Wendys