My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

5 Teachers

Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.

I am going to list 5 people or groups who have taught me something worthwhile but they are not in any order of priority.

1. My family - I have learned to love, laugh, and forgive.

2. My husband - he has so much common sense (and growing up I was always told that I had none) that he keeps me grounded. He has taught me to think things through before reacting. Being a judge, he never makes a sudden rash decision and he has taught me to really look at things closely before making a decision.

3. My class- over 26 years I learn something new from them on a daily basis. I learn how to deal with other people and look at things from their perspective. It is so much fun to see life through young people's eyes.

4. My former principal - he taught me how to take a leadership role and do it to the best of my ability. He trusted that I could do certain things (that I never had done before) and I did them because I did not want to disappoint him. Many times I was quite surprised at my own accomplishments and the faith he had in me.

5. My assistant principal - She can sell ice cream to an eskimo (which I tell her all of the time!). She is the Queen of Tact and Diplomacy even if there is a major problem. She can handle any situation and not lose her cool. I have learned so much after being in meetings with her and watching her in action. Many times I've been in situations and thought first about how would she handle it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful list of people you have learned from.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are surrounded by strong people. :)

Unknown said...

i wish someone could teach me a bit of leadership. I feel thats my downfall as a manager - Most of the time i dont know what im doing - just pretending i do! hehe