My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Sunday, September 17, 2006

The Greatest Gift

Blog Prompt: What has been the greatest gift (apart from life itself and if you have children, apart from them!) that you have ever received? It doesn't have to be of great worth or cost, but is of greatest worth to you, and why do you treasure this gift? Who gave it to you and under what circumstances? Was it expected, if so did it meet expectations or was it a complete suprise?

I think the greatest gift I have gotten (apart from being married to my hubby of course) is my hubby agreeing to go on a tour of China. At the time, it cost a lot of money so he had to make a lot of sacrifices for the year so we could afford to go. I have never been there even though my father and sisters had been born there. I never dreamed that I would ever get to go to China and be able to picture some of the things that my father had told me stories about. We spent almost 30 days there and visited Beijing, Shanghai, Wuhan, Xian, a 7 day cruise down the Yangtze River, and Hong Kong. It was the best trip I had ever gone on. I'm glad I got to go there while my dad is still alive so we could talk about the different places or things that happened. Sometimes he would explain to me why people did certain things because of the culture. My dad has not been to China since 1949 when he had to get my mom and 2 sisters out before the Communists attacked. Words can't really describe the scenery and culture that we experienced but the whole trip was magical!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow pat sounds like an awesome trip. How great that you got to experience all that with your dad. Memories that will last a lifetime im sure!

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome gift and memories that will last a lifetime!

Unknown said...

Oh wow. What a wonderful gift. The closet I ever got to China was Hong Kong. But you could see the mainland and all the rice paddies.