My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Upcoming Author Visit

For those of you who know me, I'm always working on a big project each school year. One year I decided to teach my students how to mat and frame pictures. Now we have a business called "Friendly Framers" so we can raise money to buy groceries to cook with. Another year we had worms. We compost with worms and have lots of fertilizer for the flowers around the school not to mention fishing worms for the janitors. This year I found out that we have an opportunity for an author to come speak to our students and I jumped on it. Now I have to find a way to buy a classroom set of the books. I hope to read the book and study about the Holocaust in January and the author will visit us in February. The book is Four Perfect Pebbles, A Holocaust Story.
by Lila Perl and Marion Blumenthal Lazan. Marion Blumenthal Lazan travels around the country to talk to students. I hope to invite my student's parents also. The author is willing to autograph all of the books if we deliver them to her hotel the night before. Then I want to have the students scrap about this visit, their feelings, and what they have learned about this whole unit. I also want to work on activities to supplement the book so I will be pretty busy before January. I'm really excited about this and have been smiling about all the things I can do with this!

2 comments:

Glynis said...

You are a cut above, Pat! What a wonderful teacher you are. Your students are so lucky!

heather said...

It's great that you feel so inspired and enthusiastic Pat. Keep it up!!