My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Family

Blog Prompts: What family members are you thankful for and why?

1. My husband - He is my best friend and soul mate and I am not complete without him. We spend all of our free time together and enjoy it totally. After 25 years it gets better and better.
2. My father - I have always been a daddy's girl and guess I always will. Even at 88 years old, he still thinks I'm his little girl and worries about me. He is so stubborn and independent but I guess I will be like him when I get older.
3. My stepmother - she is so wonderful and understanding. Whenever I get frustrated with my dad, she steps in and makes things alright. She has never treated me like a "step" and has the same values as my mother did so she fits right into our family.
4. My sister - even though we live so far apart and grew apart when I went to college, we have gotten close again. She still treats me like I'm a baby because I'm her baby sister but I guess that goes with the territory.
5. My sister-in-law - she has always been wonderful to me. When my mother passed away and my sister couldn't be there, she offered to fly down to FL to help me. I know I could always count on her if I ever needed her.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A wonderful family to be thankful for. My kids feel about Pan the same way you feel about your step-mother. We need more step-mother stories like that.

Sandra said...

How wonderful that you have so many blessings of family:)

Appreciation is a powerful thing, don't you think?